Sunday, January 11, 2009

In Loving Memory

My beloved Grandfather passed away last week. He lived a long life of 74 years. He was an electrical engineer and could fix almost anything! I remember being out in the garage helping him fix this and that. (Or he made me believe I was a big help!) He was funny and fun to be around. Whenever I would go visit - I knew I would get to try and beat him at chess. He NEVER let me win! - And it made me keep comin' back for more. He was a strong man and believed in hard work. His yard was immaculate all through his own hand. Beautiful flowers, trees, grass - It was always a favorite place to play.

When he was diagnosed with multiple myloma cancer, his doctor gave him 6-9 months to live - but he had other plans. With his healthy concoctions, exercise, and his will to live - he surpassed all odds, living 10 1/2 years. His doctors hadn't seen a patient with this type of cancer live longer than 5. I am so grateful that I had these extra years with my Grandpa. We love and miss you deeply!


1 comment:

Andrea said...

Awwww.. our condolences. That is amazing he lived so long!