Monday, May 11, 2009

A Conversation with Colby

Colby: Why is my name Colby?
Mom: Because Mommy & Daddy chose that name when you were born.
Colby: Can we rename me?
Mom: What would you like your name to be?
Colby: Hmmmm... let me think... if my name was Cole, then I wouldn't have any nicknames. It has to be something that starts with C.
Mom: okay...
Colby: Are you thinking of something that starts with C?
Mom: Yeah...
Colby: Are there any Star Wars names that start with C?
Mom: I'm not sure...
Colby: Does Commander start with C?
Mom: Yes, do you want to be named Commander?
Colby: No, I'm still thinking...
10 MIN LATER
Colby: I think it should be Cole Cody Shannon...(stops with a smirk on his face to see my reaction).....KIDDING, I don't want to change my name!

1 comment:

Craig and Cynthia said...

I love that. How funny. I'm excited to see you in a few days. :)