Thursday, July 10, 2008

Flashback

My cute little Brayden! I never thought I could love a baby so much! Becoming a mother put a whole new meaning to my life. He will now turn 7 this month! My how time flies!

About a month ago I took my kids to Mesa frozen Yogurt. Brayden was amazed - When we sat down to eat our frozen yogurt he said super excitedly, "Mom - when I grow up - I want to work in an ice cream shop and get people ice cream! That would be the coolest job!" I thought it was cute. Then - a couple weeks later we had some guys come to our house to fix some of our broken tiles. And Brayden said super excitedly,"Mom - when I grow up I wanna be a handyman and fix peoples tiles in their houses!" He went around the house pretending to fix things. And then on Monday night we went to Bahama Bucks. Brayden turned to me - very serious like - "Mom - I don't want to be a handyman when I grow up".....and he paused for a dramatic effect......"I wanna make snow cones!!" Man - if only I could have that kind of passion for life!!
Next came my little Colby boy. What a happy, sweet baby!....until he became my stubborn, mischievious toddler....and he still hasn't outgrown that! As a matter of fact, yesterday I went to the mall. I was trying to do something fun for the kids - they've been cooped up inside so much this summer. I thought it would be fun to eat at the mall and let them play at the play area. My friend Amber and her kids came too. After eating and playing I wanted to glance in Children's Place real quick. Big mistake. Colby was a little crazy boy. I got a phone call from Shannon and while I was going over what we were doing for mutual that night, Colby bit my butt!! Yes - in the middle of the mall - my son BIT my BUTT!! I yelped and dropped the phone and it took everything I had not to strangle him! What the heck? Where does he come up with this stuff? However, no matter what he does - he looks up at me with his big, brown eyes and says, "I'm sorry Mom." so sweetly - and it melts my anger away. He definitely gets his big innocent eyes from me - so I can only assume he gets the butt biting from Bob! ;)
And my toodle noodle, Lily! It's amazing how with each child you wonder if you will ever be able to love another as much as you love the previous. And you always do! She has been such a delight to our family!

She had a well child check yesterday morning. She weighs 15 lbs. 8 oz. And She is in the 95% for her height and 75% for her weight. And a whopping 25% for her head circumference! Big girl with an itty bitty head! She is grabbing everything in sight now and lets out giggles all the time! Plus she is a pro at rolling over! I just love her to pieces!

7 comments:

Jadrian said...

sister shannon you have got to have like the cutest kids in world history! im so glad that i have finally seen your blog!

Craig and Cynthia said...

Heather,
I just love your kids. I am still laughing about Colby biting your butt.. How funny..and yet painful at the same time. Oh yeah I heard about the job thing. Is the interview today? If so that would be sweet. Let us know the outcome. Oh yeah I need to actually post about the finances because I really like Dave Ramsey I just haven't had a chance to make a comment. Hope you have a great day.

Craig and Cynthia said...

Heather,
I just love your kids. I am still laughing about Colby biting your butt.. How funny..and yet painful at the same time. Oh yeah I heard about the job thing. Is the interview today? If so that would be sweet. Let us know the outcome. Oh yeah I need to actually post about the finances because I really like Dave Ramsey I just haven't had a chance to make a comment. Hope you have a great day.

Marci McLain said...

Very cute flashback! Time does fly by so fast! I know what you mean about where do they get ideas! I think it is a boy/2-4 year old thing. I have had many of those wonderings.

Rebecca's Useless Blog said...

Hi heather...do you remember me, rebecca enlow? we were like the 4 muskateers your junior/senior year (you, bridget dickerman, cristina markland and I)...I was looking at stuff for highland reunions, and ran across your blog. i would love to catch up with you; your family is absolutely beautiful. my email is rebeccaenlow@yahoo.com, if you would care to chat. blessed be, rebecca enlow

Andrea said...

bob was definitely the butt biter :-) cute post.

Tiffany Walker said...

Such sweet and beautiful kids. We are so sad to hear about you leaving us. Just as I finally get the opportunity to get to know you better. Love the story about Colby at the mall!