Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Mommy's Online

I found this poem that I thought was hilarious...
Mommy's Online
I can hear them calling, so I know they are fine.
"Where's Mom?" they are saying, Don't they know I'm Online?!!!
"We're Hungry!", I hear. I tell them, "Please hush!
Mom is online now, what is the rush!!?"
They had a bite yesterday when the phone lines were out,
These kids drive you crazy...Oh look! There's a pout!
I dispense bowls of cereal as I download a file...
No time wasted here...I'm a true computerphile!
I check out the boards and respond to a few,
"We're so bored!!," moan the children, "What can we do?!!"
I tell them to stop, please do not whine.
Geeez...can't they see their mother is busy online??!!
The grumbling continues as they wander about
"Mom's ALWAYS on the Computer!!," together they shout!
Unawares to me, they yank the phone from the Jack,
saying, "Daddy is right...this is the way to get Mommy back!"
Author Unknown

3 comments:

Bridget said...

I LOVE THAT POEM... Dustin complains everyday that I am on the computer way too much...

Natalie Hall said...

Right with ya sister. But it is our escape into the zone. I love that poem! And Shannon when you have the babe, you will be on it even . Because what is there to do in the middle of night when you are up 24/7. Now that Cash is sleeping through the night my computer has more down time.

Chad & Dawn Howey said...

that is funny... That is how I am... My Kids walk back to the computer and are like.. ARE YOU ALWAYS ON THE COMPUTER? of course I am... It isnt easy to read up on all your friends lives.. not to mention all of their friends, and their friends etc... plus I have to check my email and download the newest way to webcam and chat with my sisters. Oh How about all that funny stuff on You Tube and Google Video.. Who else would be watching it, if it werent for us MOMS... I broke my TV addiction this summer... I really need to start working on my Computer Addiction