Tuesday, May 15, 2007

My Sweet Boys

Boys, boys, boys!!! I always imagined myself with girls. What was I to do with these two rambunctious boys?! They like to tackle each other and play in the dirt. I've realized that no matter how tough a boy thinks he is (including my husband!), there is always a sweetness that goes along with it.
Yesterday I was helping Brayden clean his room. He stopped in the middle of putting books away and gave me a hug and said, "I love you , mom." It was so sweet, I wanted to cry. Whenever I am doing something with him, he often stops to tell me he loves me. This makes all the sacrifices a mom makes worth it.
Colby has been waking up at 6:30 lately - so he has taken up napping in the afternoon again. Whenever he wakes up from his nap, he comes and hugs me, asking me to hold him. (This is rare now that he's 3) This is such a special time for me to just sit and hold him.
I can't end this blog without mentioning where my boys got there sweetness....my husband. There have been times that I've listened to Bob singing to my boys while rocking them to sleep, or even explaining patiently how an airplane flies. I am so grateful to have such a wonderful husband who is such a good example of a man for my sons to look up to.
What can I say, I love having my sweet boys!

No comments: