Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Flume Trail

Bob and I mountain biked the Flume Trail. It was all fun and games for a while...until ...the 1 mile uphill. I don't just mean a gradual uphill! I had to walk my bike up, it was crazy!
Bob was still having fun of course!

We finally made it ..and it was well worth the view over Martlett Lake! Absolutely gorgeous!
We then climbed up these huge boulders and had a snack as we enjoyed the view.

Next came 4 miles of riding right by a cliff! In this pic the cliff is further away than in most parts. You could hardly appreciate the view over Lake Tahoe, for fear of tumbling down the rocky hillside!


But, we managed to stop and get a good look! The lake really looked amazing fom up here! Next, I don't have pics, but we had a 3 mile ride back to the car in a foot of sand! It was pretty tricky to stay upright! After all that, I only had 2 crashes the whole day!

Conclusion: When Bob tells me he wants to take me on an "easy" trail, realize that it means it will be difficult, scary and exhausting for me!! :)

3 comments:

Tiffany said...

Look at you getting all adventurous on us...first the running and now the mountain biking?!?! I am impressed...NOW MOVE BACK!!!!

Jill said...

You are so brave!!!

Craig and Cynthia said...

I love it. Can we go on the trail when we come to visit?